Instrumental Music Instructor
Heritage Christian Academy • www.hcakc.org
Heritage Christian Academy is seeking a dynamic, world-class certified Instrumental Music Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. This full-time position will serve grades 5-12 at HCA Middle and High Schools and involves teaching a section each of 5th grade band, middle school band, high school band, jazz band.
Heritage provides a Christ-centered education with academic excellence within a caring Christian community on two campuses in southern Johnson County. You may find out more about Heritage on our website hcakc.org. Qualified applicants should have a Bachelor`s Degree in Music or Music Education with a Master`s Degree preferred. Applicants should also demonstrate a love of teaching and be committed to the Lord and to the Christian education of children. All employees are asked to sign a Statement of Faith as part of employment.
• Direct and manage the overall band program for the District
• Provide students with an opportunity to participate in extracurricular band activities in accordance with HCA, Kaw Valley Conference, and Kansas Music Educators Association (KMEA) requirements
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop and plan all aspects of programming, including participation in band events and performances; management of all personnel associated with the band program; and compliance with HCA policies and Administrative Guidelines
• Present appropriate instruction including strategies, activities, and assessments to address the students` learning needs
• Create and maintain an environment conducive to learning with student safety as a priority
• Manage budget allotments and maintain a current inventory of all assets within the department
• Maintain professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community, including use of effective communication skills
• Participate in professional development and maintain current knowledge of curriculum practices related to content area
Please forward a resume and cover letter to Dean of Academics at Heritage Christian Academy, 16000 S. Black Bob Rd., Olathe, KS, 66062. You may also email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medical coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, matching 403(b)
Competitive salary based education and experience
Heritage Christian Academy is a K-12 Christian school with two spacious campuses in the metro Kansas City area. HCA offers a K-5 on its East Campus and 6-12 grade on its West Campus. HCA is characterized by a Christ-centered education with academic excellence within a caring Christian community.