Flint Hills Christian School • flinthillschristianschool.com/
WHAT IS FLINT HILLS CHRISTIAN SCHOOL?
Flint Hills Christian School (FHCS) is a private, independent, non-denominational, and discipleship-oriented Christian
school located in Manhattan, KS (approximately two hours west of Kansas City, MO). FHCS maintains an average annual
enrollment of approximately 215 students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade. FHCS is fully accredited
through both ACSI and Cognia, boasts an average ACT score of 25 over the past 6 years, offers numerous athletics and
extra-curricular activities, and currently operates with no debt.
WHO ARE WE AT OUR CORE?
We are a school and community of Christ followers united by and committed to our mission to be an extension of the
Christian home in helping each child develop in mind, body, and spirit. In this context, we are not a replacement for the
home or the church. Our ultimate goal is to equip and prepare well-educated, mature Christian men and women to best
fulfill God’s calling in their lives. We stand upon and are inspired by five core values which represent the heart and soul
of FHCS. Fifth and foremost, we operate from a Biblical, Christ-centered foundation in all that we do. We are rigorously
academic – we place tremendous value on the quality of education we offer. Accordingly, we are proud of and grateful
for our exceptional faculty who serve as strong and faithful educators for our students every day. We are fully
committed to discipleship and Christ-centered mentorship as we realize learning through long-standing relationships
with positive role models is critical to ongoing growth and maturity. Finally, we are independent and non-
denominational, operating with complete institutional freedom as we strive to follow and honor the Lord alone.
WHERE ARE WE GOING AS A SCHOOL?
Numerous parents, teachers, administrators, Board members, students, and community supporters have faithfully and
consistently gone before the Lord in prayer for several years seeking the Lord’s guidance for our school. Over the past
two years, these FHCS prayer warriors have been inspired by the Lord to pursue a bold growth plan, called Vision 2030.
We believe the Lord has called us to prepare to serve 300 students by 2030 by pursuing advancements in several key
areas including Staff Development, an enhanced Student Experience, Marketing, Facilities Improvement, & Long-term
Investment. Vision 2030 is big & bold. And, so is the Lord. We are completely trusting Him. And, we fully expect this
vision from the Lord to be fully realized. Within Vision 2030, there is a tremendous amount of margin available for new
and different priorities, strategies, and ideas.
The overall responsibility of the 5th-12th Grade Band Teacher is to educate, direct, and produce all instrumental music
classes along with the corresponding concerts and productions. We are currently looking at this being a part time job,
but could be full time depending on responsibilities assigned.
JOB SUMMARY FHCS BAND Director – 5 classes, possibly more. Part time, possibility of full time
Role and Responsibilities
• Develop and grow instrumental program (Band, Strings, Worship Band) to include quarterly
performances/chapels and possible tours
• Teach and grow 5th -6th grade Band
• Teach and grow Intermediate Band
• Teach and grow Advanced Band
• Conduct music performances, at least 2 per year, may include more
• Adhere to FHCS policies, procedures/processes, and codes
• Performs other related assigned duties
PHYSICAL & WORK REQUIREMENTS:
• Professional appearance appropriate for school and community meetings and events
• Evening and weekend work as needed
WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a person of great faith in Jesus Christ who can build upon our strong foundation and help Flint Hills
Christian School flourish in its next season of growth. We are looking for a high-integrity, biblically grounded and caring
individual, a passionate educator of youth, a strong developer of student`s unique potential, an enthusiastic instructor, a
strong communicator, and someone who deeply believes in Christian education. If you have these qualities, you have
great potential to succeed as a part of our Flint Hills Christian School community.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND, COMPETENCIES & EXPERTISE:
• Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in instrumental performance or music education
• Must have an excitement about working with elementary and junior high students
• Must have adequate instrumental expertise in a wide variety of musical styles (classical, musical theatre, modern
worship) as well as excel at: rhythmic stability, musicality, reading open score, and sight reading
• Must have the ability to lead production rehearsals
• Must have the ability to design shows, events, and thrive on a team of artists
• Must be a Christian with a consistent testimony among his/her family, peers, and students
• Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
• Must have strong organizational skills
• Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions
PREFERRED BACKGROUND, COMPETENCIES & EXPERTISE:
• Advanced degree from an accredited college/university in a field of study relevant to this position
• Valid teaching certificate/license
• Experience as a Band Director
• Experience working in a private Christian school
Flint Hills Christian School
Login to Apply
Job Contact Address
Manhattan, KS 66502
Job Start Date
Applications Due By
Job Contact Information