The certified application can be found at https://www.manhattancatholicschools.org/employment and sent to Mike Hubka, MCS Principal, at email@example.com, along with any questions.
Manhattan Catholic Schools
Job Description for K-4 Music/5-8 Band Teacher
- o Establish an orderly and engaging classroom focused on Music education.
- o Support the mission of Manhattan Catholic Schools in words and actions.
- o Teach the K-4 Elementary Music Curriculum following established Music standards.
- o Teach recorders to the 4th Grade curriculum.
- o Teach instrumental music for all 5th-8th Grade students.
- o Teach music-related elective nine-weeks courses for 6-8.
- o Works with the building principal in selecting music materials for enrichment, recreational use, curricular support, and music appreciation.
- o Works with the building principal on curriculum and equipment for the music education program.
- o Maintain the music classroom inventory, including the school-owned instruments, including upkeep and maintenance of those instruments.
- o Maintain updated gradebooks in PowerSchool for all students.
- o Provide reports to parents on student progress.
- o Participate in Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- o Coordinates, in cooperation with teachers, the annual MCS Talent Show.
- o Provides leadership in the planning and execution of individual school concerts and other music performances.
- o Participates in local and diocesan in-service workshops with the MCS staff.
- o Other duties that may be assigned.
Roman Catholic Diocese of Salina Schools