2022-2023 Elementary ESOL Teacher (Manhattan-Ogden USD 383)
Manhattan-Ogden USD 383 • www.usd383.org
DIVERSITY: As an equal opportunity employer, USD 383 is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe there is long-term advantage to a leadership team that reflects the diversity of our students, families and staff.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Dynamic and inclusive environment
- Professional Development Opportunities (facilitating and attending)
- Team environment including mentoring and collaboration
- Professional Learning Community
- Opportunity to expand and develop programs and events
- Surveys and opportunities to share input and experience
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health insurance
- Employer 403b contributions
- Paid Leave
- Short-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Bachelor degree - valid KS teacher`s license with ESOL endorsement.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of individuals of diverse ethnic, cultural, educational and economic backgrounds.
- Experience working with students across all content areas, preferred.
- Bilingual / Biliterate preferred, but not required.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the District may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Principal and District ESOL Coordinator
JOB GOAL: To provide instruction that will enable each student to master social and academic skills appropriate to age, grade level, language proficiency and individual capacity.
- Build foundations for dynamic futures.
- Provide instructional support that will charter students receptive, productive and interactive language modalities within the school environment.
- Develops and uses instructional materials suitable for instruction of students with a wide range of ethnic, cultural, educational and economic backgrounds.
- Provides classroom, individual and small groups instruction designed to meet individual needs, reinforce material designed to meet individual needs and to reinforce material initially introduced by teachers.
- Increase each students level of English proficiency in the areas of listening, speaking, reading and writing in accordance with ELP standards and annual ELP assessment. In addition, engage them in the central and content-specific practices associated with ELA & Literacy, Mathematics, Science and History/Government/Social Studies
- Confers with parents/guardians, teachers and staff in regards to individual students.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and collaborative relations with others.
- Devises and maintains such records and reports as necessary to the successful execution of the job as well as State and Federal Audits.
- Possesses knowledge of the operation and use of various teaching equipment and technology.
- Attends and participates in staff and faculty meetings and professional development.
- Supervises instructional aide(s) and volunteers as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the principal and/or ESOL Coordinator.
The Board shall hire all employees on the basis of ability and the Districts needs: Manhattan Ogden Unified School District 383 is an equal opportunity employer and shall not discriminate in its employment practices and policies with respect to hiring, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment because of an individual`s race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, disability or age. (This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Certified Teacher Contract. This is a full-time position.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Boards policy on evaluation of teachers.
Manhattan-Ogden USD 383
We are redirecting you to apply for the position at www.usd383.org. Follow the link to Departments / HR / Prospective Employees. (E.O.E.)