22-23 Special Education Instructional Coach
Manhattan-Ogden USD 383 • www.usd383.org
TITLE: Special Education Instructional Coach
- Master’s Degree in special education or related field (administrative endorsement preferred)
- 5 years successful case management experience as a special education teacher or related service provider.
- Ability to travel between multiple buildings within district.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of instructional strategies for students with autism, developmental delay, specific learning disability, intellectual disabilities, other health impairments, and emotional/behavior disabilities.
- Demonstrate strong skills in working with families.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary for working with students, families, and school teams.
- Be committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Demonstrate continued professional growth.
DIVERSITY: As an equal opportunity employer, USD 383 is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe there is long-term advantage to a team that reflects the diversity of our students, families and staff.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Special Services
JOB GOAL: The Special Education Instructional Coach is responsible for providing instructional leadership, professional development and program coordination for special education teams throughout USD 383.
- Collaborates with school level teams to meet the needs of students to include modeling of strategies and providing in class support as needed.
- Plan and implement professional development aligned with district goals and staff proficiencies/needs.
- Assists in the recruitment, screening, hiring, and training of assigned new staff members.
- Collaborates with building level teams to support educational interventions for students as needed.
- Assist teams with special education evaluations as needed.
- Serve as a community liaison to increase awareness of student and family needs in regard to disabilities.
- Work with special and general education teachers jointly and individually to program for students based upon their unique instructional and behavioral needs.
- Assist in the implementation of all special education compliance requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Special Education.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a full-time position. Placement on Salary Schedule. Fringe Benefits include: Health Insurance, Employers Paid 403B Contribution, Paid Sick & Personal Leave, Short-term Disability.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EVAULATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of certified personnel.
The Board of Education shall hire all employees on the basis of ability and the needs of the district. Manhattan-Ogden Unified School District 383 is an equal opportunity employer and shall not discriminate in its employment practices and policies with respect to hiring, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment because of an individual’s race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, disability or age.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Manhattan-Ogden USD 383
We are redirecting you to apply for the position at www.usd383.org. Follow the link to Departments / HR / Prospective Employees. (E.O.E.)