Part-Time Position: Please apply at www.applitrack.com/eldorado/onlineapp.
Assist PreK teacher with duties such as answering the phone, grading papers, helping in classrooms, putting up bulletin boards, copying, etc.
Purpose: To help the teacher achieve teaching objectives by working with individual students or small groups, making every effort to help them accomplish the skill levels of the class as a whole. To provide a well organized, smoothly functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
Responsible to: Assigned Teacher(s)/Building Principal
Payment rate: Salary is commensurate with experience
1. Demonstrates aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
2. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the district may find appropriate and acceptable.
3. Demonstrates literacy in reading, writing, and following directions/instructions.
4. Health and Inoculation Certificate on file.
1. Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
2. Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
3. Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
4. Helps students master equipment or instructional materials assigned by the teacher.
5. Distributes and collects workbooks, papers, and other materials for instruction.
6. Guides independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
7. Assists with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, and field trips.
8. Keeps bulletin board and other classroom learning displays up to date.
9. Assists with such large group activities as drill work, reading aloud, and story telling.
10. Reads to students, listens to students read, and participates in other forms of oral communication with students.
11. Assists in the library or media center.
12. Checks notebooks, corrects papers, and supervises testing and make-up work as assigned by the teacher.
13. Helps students with their clothing.
14. Assists with lunch, snack, and cleanup routines when assigned.
15. Alerts the regular teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
16. Serves as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
17. Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.
18. Participates in inservice training programs as assigned.
19. Performs such other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
1. Requires prolonged sitting or standing, and use of equipment including repetitive motions and computer eye fatigue.
2. Ability to handle a fast-paced, intense work environment.
3. Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments, with numerous interruptions. EOE