Career Specialist - J.C. Harmon High School
Jobs for Americas Graduates - Kansas • jagkansas.org
Now Hiring for the 2022 - 2023 school year. Applications accepted at https://jagkansas.org/career-opportunities/
The Career Specialist is responsible for supporting students to overcome barriers and prepare for college and career pathways. Identifies, recruits, and instructs students deemed to have a high degree of difficulty of being promoted into the next grade level, achieving graduation, and/or making a successful transition from school to a career with advancement opportunities by utilizing the JAG model.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES
- Provides appropriate curriculum and ensures students meet and achieve specific JAG competencies through classroom instruction.
- Assembles and ensures student roster meets the JAG model requirements and incorporates members of the Advisory Committee.
- Plan, manage and execute events that increase program visibility and establish a network of local employer engagement opportunities to identify and map career pathways.
- Collaborates, communicates, and build relationships within schools, administration, Career Association members, and community.
- Generates and completes documentation and reporting of personal and student activities in appropriate school and multiple JAG-K database systems.
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Experience working with youth, prefer minimum 2 years.
- Valid Driver’s License, required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple priorities.
- Understanding of policies, laws, and guidelines related to education including, IDPs, and 504.
- Technology proficient includes virtual meeting platforms, school technology and data management programs.
for more information and to complete an application go to: https://jagkansas.org/career-opportunities/
Jobs for Americas Graduates - Kansas
Jobs for America`s Graduates - Kansas (JAG-K) program partners with schools to work with students who have barriers to graduating or barriers that may lead them to drop out of school. JAG-K provides a specialist who works with the student on developing their potential and job skills and prepares them for work life beyond graduation, and helps them open up opportunities in employment and the post-secondary educational opportunities that include technical school, apprenticeships and community college. The program helps schools with graduation rates by working with students who have been traditionally lost or forgotten and making a connection for their schools. In a feature unique to this program, JAG follows students beyond graduation to monitor and assist students in gaining employment or entering post-secondary educational opportunities.
The JAG In-School Model:
- Serves freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors in a classroom setting (classroom instruction) with either an Alternative Education or Multi-Year program.
- Serves sixth, seventh, and eighth graders in a classroom setting with the Middle School program.
- Focuses on graduation, career exploration and planning, and development of employability skills (competency-based curriculum).
- Serves students identified as at-risk of not graduating and addresses their barriers.
- Includes adult mentoring, advisement and support.
- Includes student-led leadership development.
- Utilizes 12-month follow-up services monitoring job and post-secondary education placement.
- Develops summer employment training and opportunities.
- Utilizes an accountability system through own data and independent review.
For more information visit HERE!