Elementary STEAM Teacher
Atchison County USD 377 • www.usd377.org
CANDIDATES NEED TO APPLY ONLINE AT: https://atchisoncty.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
This position will serve all students Kindergartens through 6th grade in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math
Content is in the areas of STEAM: Science, Technology, Art and Math.
Classroom Instructor Job Description
Purpose: The Classroom Instructor creates a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students. In order to respond to the individnal needs and abilities of students, the Classroom Instructor must work closely with other staff and the administration of U.S.D. 377.Responsible to: PrincipalPayment rate: According to negotiated agreement
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Bachelor`s degree from an accredited college/university.
3. Current Kansas State Teaching Certificate on file in the Central Office.
4. Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the Central Office.
5. Desire to continue career improvement.
1. Facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students.
2. Establish a positive learning environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
3. Ensure that all activities conform to district guidelines.
4. Communicate effectively with all members of the school district and community.
5. Work effectively with community organizations.
6. React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
7. Support the value of an education.
8. Support the philosophy and mission of U.S.D. No. 377.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
1. Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
2. Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
3. Occasional stooping, bending, and reaching.
4. Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
5. Must work in noisy and crowded environments.
1. Plan and implement effective lessons, using time, materials and resources effectively.2. Motivate students through effective communication and evaluative feedback.
3. Display a thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
4. Demonstrate awareness of the needs of students and provide for individual differences.
5. Set high expectations for student achievement and behavior.
6. Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with others.
7. Establish and maintain a positive climate for learning through appropriate classroom management.
8. Maintain current curriculum and instructional practices.
9. Coordinate and supervise field trips.
10. Assist with the activities of student organizations.
11. Attend and assist when necessary with school events such as musical programs, athletics, student recognition ceremonies, graduation, and open house.
12. See that district policies are observed during all activities.
13. Obtain advance approval of the Principal for all activities and expenditures.
14. Adhere to all district health and safety policies, including all precautions identified in the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
15. Other duties as assigned by the Principal, or other Administrative Staff.
Atchison County USD 377