USD 320, Wamego, has a vacancy for High Incidence Special Education Teacher for Rock Creek High School for the 2024-2025 school year.
Applicants should hold or be eligible for a valid Kansas teaching license with a High Incidence and/or Interrelated Special Education endorsement to include grades 9-12. Certified teachers interested in pursuing an endorsement to teach special education through a waiver process are also encouraged to apply!
Interested applicants should fill out the online application and attach any applicable documents.
Applicants must apply online at https://wamego.tedk12.com/hire
Position will be posted until the position has been filled. We encourage all applicants to apply as soon as possible!
POSITION: High Incidence Special Education Teacher
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must hold, or be eligible for, an interrelated and/or high incidence license in special education in the state of Kansas.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and Special Education Administrator(s)
1. Fulfill role of case manager for special education students with academic and behavioral disabilities
2. Oversee the development of compliant individualized education plans (IEP)
3. Facilitate IEP team meetings
4. Communicate frequently and effectively with parents
5. Prepare lesson plans and provide direct special education services to students
6. Create a classroom environment that is positive and conducive to learning
7. Develop and implement behavior intervention plans that include positive behavior supports
8. Work collaboratively with general education teachers to meet the needs of special education students
9. Work collaboratively with other service providers
10. Assist general education teachers with curriculum modifications necessary to enable students to participate and make progress in the general education curriculum
11. Ensure the implementation of the IEP as written.
12. Assist with evaluations of students in determining eligibility and need for special education students.
13. Assess students progress on a regular basis and reports this progress as required.
14. Supervise para-educators
15. Communicate as necessary with building and district administration
16. Strive to maintain and improve professional competence.
17. Attend all required staff meetings and professional development activities.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Wamego USD 320