Title: Instructional Coach / Assessment Coordinator
Reports To: Building Principal
Supervises: Assigned students/staff members
Evaluation: Per the Negotiated Agreement
Job Summary: The instructional coach will provide personalized and sustained professional development through one-on-one coaching, facilitation of and participating on Professional Learning Communities, and development and facilitation of large group professional development with the goal of improving teacher practice and student learning.
Qualifications: Appropriate Kansas licensure.
Instructional Coach Responsibilities:
- Model lesons in classrooms on a daily and weekly basis as well as instructional best practices.
- Develop a schedule to attend Professional Learning Community (PLC) meetings and assist classroom teachers with instructional planning, data collection and analysis and curriculum sequencing.
- Attend and lead the Math department meetings daily.
- Provide direction and coordination for how the curriculum is taught consistent with District initiatives and recognized best instructional practices.
- Knowledge of Kansas State standards in English-Language Arts, Reading and Mathematics.
- Analyze classroom and standardized assessment data to determine areas of need. Deliver staff development based on the identified areas of need.
- Create an articulated schedule with building administration.
- Assist teachers with resources, materials, tools, information, etc. to support classroom instruction and planning.
- Support teachers and administrators in using data to improve instruction on all levels.
- Informally observe (non-evaluative) lessons and provide feedback for a teacher's professional growth and students' success.
- Attend training sessions during the school year and in the summer.
- Other duties as assigned by administration.
Assessment Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Develop a schedule with admiminstration for all standardized state and district assessments (Kansas State Assessments, iReady Math Assessment, A Reading Assessment, BAS Reading Testing)
- Train staff in proper assessment practices.
- Collect and analyze assessment data to determine areas of need. Develop plans in conjunction with administration to address areas of need.
- Ensure that the school adheres to all state and district assessment practices and legalities.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
Physical and emotional ability and dexterity to perform required work and move about as
needed in a fast-pace, high-intensive work environment.