Machinist/Machining Faculty ~ Manufacturing School
WSU Tech • wsutech.edu/jobs
Milling, drilling, tooling & lathes, oh my! I know you are in high demand right now, hence why I am looking for you too. Do you understand the ins & outs of CNC’s, blueprints, tooling & what goes on in this field? I need someone to help our students be able to get into this field with the right training to keep them safe & help them land that job right away. Do you have patience to guide them along, organized in your methods to help them learn, & keen to make them the best they can be for our business partners? C’mon, take a load off from the extreme conditions in the machining world & focus on giving other the knowledge you have & what a rockstar you are in the machining world. Apply so we can see those skills both on & off the machines!
Quick Glance of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
- Maintains accurate and complete scholastic records, including but not limited to course messaging in the LMS, grades, census rosters and attendance records.
- Evaluates students to measure their progress toward the achievement of course outcomes/competencies.
- Posts and maintains office hours for student consultation.
- Manages and supervises students in all assigned classroom and laboratory activities to ensure a safe and effective learning environment.
Teaching and Instruction
- Maintains industry credentials as appropriate to the teaching area.
- Develops, revises, and/or recommends curriculum and changes, as needed, which meet the objectives of the course/program and improve student learning.
- Ensures that each program/class meets the WSU Tech Course Standard, includes all appropriate curricular components, utilizes effective teaching methods/practices (pedagogy) and reflects current field practices.
- Teaches all classes according to an approved course syllabus, ensuring that assigned classes are held as scheduled. Holds the final exam at the time scheduled unless permission to deviate has been approved by appropriate program leadership
- Teaches and maintains an effective learning environment regardless of instructional modality (online, hybrid, or face to face).
Programmatic and Institutional Engagement
- Fully participates in, utilizes and submits when due program review information, assessment data, and course/college evaluations.
- Develops, and maintains a positive relationship with program Industry Advocate Teams (IAT) members. Recruits new members to serve on IAT committees.
- Engages with the appropriate staff members (Success Coaches, Disability services etc.) to assist with student success.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associates Degree from a nationally or regionally accredited college, preferred.
- 4,000 full time industry experience in the career/technical field; OR equivalent of four years full-time work experience in the industry, required.
- Qualifications required for mandatory program accreditation.
- Extensive experience with at least one of the following, required:
- CNC Mills
- CNC Lathes
- Manual Mills
- Manual Lathes
- Machine Tool Processes
- Print Reading
- Bench Work
- Safety (OSHA 10)
- Previous teaching or training experience in adult education preferred, with pre-planning course work.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills – must be able to work with students, technical and administrative personnel in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills where you can work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn & use personal computer and various software programs utilized daily in a teaching environment, strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to task and direct personnel during crisis or emergency situations.
- Ability to pre-plan course work.
- Comfortable with course delivery method being hybrid as needed.
Pay Rate: $50,000 /yr
Schedule: M-F 730a-430p typical but flexible; NCAT Campus
WSU Tech is committed to inclusive and equitable practices to create an environment and culture where students and employees thrive. We acknowledge that through valuing diverse identities, experiences, talents and gifts, we excel by fulfilling our mission to create a talent pipeline, establish workforce equity, and improve economic prosperity for our community. WSU Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is NOT a remote position.
Everyone here is DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and to provide the best trained workforce for employers.
To accomplish that, we take care of our employees too! We offer benefits and perks that are second to none. Meaningful jobs, amazing Rock Star employees, awesome benefits, what more could you ask for?
Please apply directly to our website for official consideration for any positions posted.