PE, Health, Weight Training
Central USD 462 • www.usd462.org
Physical Education, Health, & Weight Training Teacher for 7 thru 12
Central USD 462
$460 paid toward health insurance or can be used for cancer, dental, vision, disability &/or hospitalization. Also, up to $35,000 life insurance policy.
$37,800 (current base for 2021-2022)
- Central USD 462 is organized around a 4-day school week in session from Monday through Thursday. (Currently, 160 day teacher contract days.) Administrative duties include working at events and activities on Friday`s and Saturday`s. We serve a small, rural area of approximately 360 sq. miles including the communities of Atlanta, Burden, Cambridge in Cowley County and the town of Grenola in Elk County. The Central Board of Education is committed to maintaining excellence in all aspects of our school system. Our mission statement reflects the efforts of patrons from the four communities working for what is best for our children: TEAM - Together Every student Achieves More.
- We have one elementary building, built in 1999; and one Jr./Sr. High building, built in 1972. In 2017, we completed an addition to our Central Jr/Sr High School, which includes a storm shelter, locker rooms, weight room, wrestling room, music room, concessions, restrooms and a remodel of our gymnasium.
- Our elementary and Jr./Sr. high schools have achieved Standard of Excellence on State Assessments.
- Our Jr./Sr. High offers Dual Credit College courses; Kansas Regents` Honors Scholar Curriculum; Four Career & Tech Ed. Programs, which includes Industrial Arts, VoAg, FACS & Business Tech; award-winning and nationally performing 7-12 band and choir; and much more!
- We recently completed a new sports complex and outdoor restroom/concession building .(track/football/baseball/softball fields)
- Check us out on the web!