NCKSEC Interlocal USD 636 • www.ncksec.net
Position will be posted until filled. Do not hesitate to apply.
North Central Kansas Special Education Cooperative
Job Description of School Psychologist
1. Master of Science or above.
2. Kansas Certification/Licensure in school psychology.
3. Certification of Health (after employment offer).
Duties (Direct or Consultative):
1. Serve as chairperson of multidisciplinary screening and evaluation team, providing insight to staff and parents from area(s) of expertise and eliciting pertinent data from the participants for placement and programming needs.
2. Administer psychological and educational tests, conduct classroom observations and gather other information needed for evaluation and intervention planning.
3. Assist in the development and annual review of individual education programs.
4. Assist teachers in developing and implementing effective classroom management and instructional techniques.
5. Consult with teachers and parents regarding behavioral, emotional, and educational problems.
6. Provide individual and group therapeutic interventions within training boundaries and channel referrals to appropriate community sources when further intervention or information is warranted.
7. Assist in providing inservice to special and regular education staff to augment the necessary knowledge base for understanding and programming for exceptional students.
8. Work with school and/or community agencies to facilitate studentsâ€™ transition from one setting to another.
9. Coordinate the evaluative placement and temporary program of transferring students by securing required records, gathering information from the previous school and participating in the review of the program placement and IEP.
10. Coordinate the exchange of information among outside agencies dealing with students with disabilities or those referred for comprehensive evaluation.
11. Assist in the provision of career education, work-study and other vocational education for exceptional students.
1. Serve as case manager for all comprehensive evaluations, complete and compile all required forms and reports.
2. Conduct three-year reevaluations.
3. Coordinate preschool and kindergarten screenings.
4. Maintain professional competence through participation in inservice.
5. Serve on committees to promote or further the goals and policies of the districts and Cooperative.
6. Perform other duties and responsibilities as determined by the Director.
1. May require travel.
2. Must be able to work in busy and crowded environments.
NCKSEC Interlocal USD 636
A generous benefit and leave package is offfered. Please see the benefits summary at this link https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/1677/20-21_sb.pdf
Salary placement is determined by education and experience. Annual salary with EdS ranges from $49,135 to $59,659. In addition, $1000 will be paid annually for holding the Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP) certificate. Average contract term is 195 days.
Located in north central and northwest Kansas, the NCKSEC Interlocal #636 serves 11 rural school districts. These 11 districts educate approximately 3500 students of which 700 receive special education services.
All of the communities within the NCKSEC offer the benefits of safe and affordable rural living with effective and progressive schools and healthcare services. School districts that comprise the NCKSEC include; USD 110 Thunder Ridge, USD 211 Norton, USD 212 Northern Valley, USD 237 Smith Center, USD 269 Palco, USD 270 Plainville, USD 271 Stockton, USD 325 Phillipsburg, USD 326 Logan, USD 392 Osborne and USD 399 Natoma.
For more information please visit our website at www.ncksec.net
View District Profile
Login to Apply
Job Contact Address
205 F Street, Suite 235
Phillipsburg, KS 67661
Job Start Date
Applications Due By