Special Education Paraprofessional - East Central Kansas Academy
Greenbush ESC USD 609 • www.greenbush.org
Greenbush - The Education Service Center is seeking applications for a Special Education Paraprofessional at East Central Kansas Academy (ECKA) in Garnett, KS.
Anticipated start date: October 1, 2022. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Must have the legal ability to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Job Summary: The Paraprofessional/Administrative assistant is responsible for providing instruction and support to Alternative Day School students. The Paraprofessional/Assistant aids teachers in data collection and recordkeeping to ensure student outcomes are met, as well as compiling reports and other clerical duties.
Valid driver`s license required for employment. REAL ID is required if air travel is necessary to complete job duties.
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Must be able to change schedule and daily routines on short notice.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Must have proficient technology skills commonly found in classroom environments.
1. Post-Secondary degree and/or relevant certification/licensure
2. Experience in special education, behavior management, and data collection
3. Effectively communicate solutions to complex problems
1. Reviews, reinforces, and remediates skills previously addressed by a classroom teacher in individual or small group settings for the purpose of facilitating student achievement.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of core curriculum for the purpose of effectively assisting in facilitating student achievement.
3. Reinforces and supports student academic and behavioral plans as designed by the certified teacher for the purpose of developing students’ basic social/interpersonal/academic skills.
4. Facilitate student social integration and increase independence in school.
5. Assists classroom teacher with the preparation of instructional materials.
6. Provides instruction to students utilizing a variety of individual and small group activities under the direction of a teacher or professional staff.
7. Responds to emergencies.
8. Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings.
9. Understands and utilizes educational technologies.
10. Performs record keeping and clerical functions for the purpose of supporting the teacher, assigned certified staff, and/or administrative personnel.
1. Maintain timely documentation.
2. Support the mission, goals, and objectives of the SEKESC.
3. Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Maintain strict confidentiality as outlined by FERPA and HIPAA.
5. Ability to work alone and in groups to provide services.
6. Maintain professional relationships with families.
7. Assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices.
8. Demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate with other employees of the SEKESC and constituents.
9. Complete all assignments in a timely manner including communication with other staff and families.
10. Follow all safety requirements as directed by the SEKESC.
11. Regular and predictive attendance in designated work location as determined by the Executive Director or designee.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or designee.
1. Lifting up to 40 pounds.
2. Manage all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
3. Sit/stand for long periods of time.
4. Work in loud/stressful environments.
5. Ability to drive in varying weather and geographical conditions.
6. Being exposed to infectious and contagious diseases.
7. Being exposed to hazardous materials.
8. Being exposed to work settings that offer a risk to personal security and that are not ADA compliant.
TO APPLY, go to: https://greenbush.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Equal Opportunity Employer
Greenbush ESC USD 609
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center - Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
- Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
- Providing professional development
- Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
- Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
- Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
- Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
- Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
- Parents as Teachers
- Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
- Infant Toddler Services
- Administrative Services
- Cooperative Purchasing
- Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!