Special Education Teachers (multiple locations, all levels)
Salina USD 305 • www.usd305.com
Central Kansas Cooperative in Education, located in Salina, Kansas, is seeking an special education teacher to teach middle school students at Opportunity Now. CKCIE proudly serves the needs of 12 school districts in central Kansas providing services for students from the age of 3 to the age of 21. This position will work as a part of the team of decdicated educational and mental health professionals at Opportunity Now who serve students in grades 7-12 who require a day-school setting to find success in school. Preferred applicants will have earned KSDE teaching licensure and special education endorsement, and have strong training and meaningful experience working with students who have significant social/emotional, behavioral and mental health needs.
Evaluation: As per Negotiated Agreement
Qualifications: Bachelor`s degree in education with appropriate Kansas licensure in Special Education.
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes at the times designated.
2. Assists the Individualized Education Planning Team in designing an Individualized Educational Program (IEP) for students with exceptional needs.
3. Provides direct instruction and services for pupils whose needs are identified in a written IEP. Monitors the IEP of each student placed in the special education class and assumes responsibility for contacting and consulting with parents and Individualized Educational Planning Team about indicated changes in the IEP.
4. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
5. Prepares for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the administration.
6. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
7. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and - - in harmony with the goals - - establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
8. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
9. Strives to implement by instruction and action, the Opportunity Now philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
10. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
11. Diagnoses the special education needs of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
12. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
13. Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by the teacher`s contract, negotiated agreement, Board of Education policy, administrative regulation, and laws of the state of Kansas.
14. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing students and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
15. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes when required or requested at mutually agreeable times.
16. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for paraprofessionals and volunteer(s), and evaluates their performances.
17. Works cooperatively with staff on various tasks and/or assignments.
18. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
19. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions: Physical and emotional ability and dexterity to perform required work and move about as needed in the work environment.
Based on Experience