Speech and Language Pathologist
NCKSEC Interlocal USD 636 • www.ncksec.net
North Central Kansas Special Education Cooperative
Job Description of speech/language pathologist
2022-2023 school year
1. Master`s Degree
2. Kansas Certification/Licensure in Speech/Language Pathology
3. Certification of Health (after employment offer).
Duties (Direct or Consultative):
1. Participate in preschool and kindergarten screenings upon request.
2. Screen and evaluate appropriately referred students.
3. Provide direct therapy in individual and group sessions, focusing on articulation, language, fluency, and voice disorders.
4. Conduct impedance audiometry tests, as warranted.
5. Help plan programs to be carried out by teacher/paraeducator at school or by the parents at home as stipulated on the IEP.
6. Consult with regular education/special education teachers regarding students with speech/language problems who do not qualify for speech.
7. Consult with teachers and parents to provide recommendations for achieving carry-over of trained skills to classroom and home settings.
8. Participate as a member of the evaluation team, providing insight to parents and staff from area(s) of expertise.
9. Serve as a liaison for relevant medical services and community resources.
1. Serve as case manager for speech/language referrals, complete and compile all required forms and reports.
2. Conduct three-year reevaluations of students receiving speech/language therapy as their primary services.
3. Continuously measure student progress toward learning goals and objectives in order to guide therapeutic decisions.
4. Update student progress toward objectives on a nine-week basis.
5. Prepare reports and recommendations for every child on current caseload.
6. Maintain professional competence through participation in inservice.
7. Serve on committees to promote or further the goals and policies of the districts and Cooperative.
8. Maintain and complete documentary logs.
9. Perform other duties and responsibilities as determined by the Director.
1. Travel Required.
2. Must be able to work in busy and crowded environments.
A generous benefit package is available. Please see the summary of benefits at https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/1677/20-21_sb.pdf
All SLPs are granted MS+30 education level on salary chart. SLP with no experience starts at $44,582. An additional $1000 will be paid annually for holding the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC).
Located in north central and northwest Kansas, the NCKSEC Interlocal #636 serves 11 rural school districts. These 11 districts educate approximately 3500 students of which 700 receive special education services.
All of the communities within the NCKSEC offer the benefits of safe and affordable rural living with effective and progressive schools and healthcare services. School districts that comprise the NCKSEC include; USD 110 Thunder Ridge, USD 211 Norton, USD 212 Northern Valley, USD 237 Smith Center, USD 269 Palco, USD 270 Plainville, USD 271 Stockton, USD 325 Phillipsburg, USD 326 Logan, USD 392 Osborne and USD 399 Natoma.
For more information please visit our website at www.ncksec.net
View District Profile
Login to Apply
Job Contact Address
205 F Street, Suite 235
Phillipsburg, KS 67661
Job Start Date
Applications Due By
Job Contact Information