Greenbush - The Education Service Center is seeking applications for a Teacher of the Deaf or Hard of Hearing in Northeast, KS.
Anticipated start date: August 1, 2022. Position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer. Must have the legal ability to work in the United States without sponsorship.
JOB SUMMARY: The primary role of the Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing (TOD) is to provide services to children with hearing impairments from birth to high school in order to successfully access learning to make adequate developmental gains. The TOD is responsible for the evaluation, implementation and progress monitoring of children according to the Individual Education Plan.
Valid driver`s license required for employment. REAL ID is required if air travel is necessary to complete job duties.
1. Bachelor`s degree from an accredited college/university
2. Valid Kansas teaching license with an endorsement of Teacher of the Deaf or eligible for waiver / provisional
3. Relevant Teaching experience
4. Knowledge of relevant technology
5. Ability to travel between sites on a daily basis
6. Must be able to change schedule and daily routines on short notice
7. Effectively communicate solutions to complex problems
1. Master`s degree from an accredited college/university
2. Kansas TOD teaching endorsement
3. Demonstrate proficiency in sign language systems
4. Knowledge of technology and video conferencing.
1. Receive referrals from participating area special education agencies and complete follow-up promptly.
2. Participation in the development of the students` Individual Education Plan.
3. Develop positive working relationships with administrators and teachers.
4. Knowledgeable about current and evidence-based practices (technology, resources, etc.).
5. Provide instruction in the development and maintenance of skills to meet the learner`s unique needs from Birth to 21.
6. Schedule time efficiently for assessment, instruction, planning, preparation of materials, travel and conference with relevant school and other key individuals.
7. Assure supplementary materials, educational aids, and equipment needed by the student and the classroom teacher, are provided in a timely manner to ensure the student`s maximum participation in all classroom activities.
8. Provide assistance to the classroom teacher in academic subjects and activities of the classroom that, as a direct result of the student`s hearing impairment, require adaptation for the student.
9. Provide in-service as needed regarding the needs of students with hearing loss.
10. Follow the program guidelines for the education of the deaf and hard of hearing as defined in the Kansas Special Education Guidelines
1. Maintain timely documentation.
2. Support the mission, goals, and objectives of the SEKESC.
3. Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Maintain strict confidentiality as outlined by FERPA and HIPAA.
5. Ability to work alone and in groups to provide services.
6. Maintain professional relationships with families.
7. Assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices.
8. Demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate with other employees of the SEKESC and constituents.
9. Complete all assignments in a timely manner including communication with other staff and families.
10. Follow all safety requirements as directed by the SEKESC.
11. Regular and predictive attendance in designated work location as determined by the Executive Director or designee.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or designee.
1. Lifting up to 40 pounds.
2. Manage all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
3. Sit/stand for long periods of time.
4. Work in loud/stressful environments.
5. Ability to drive in varying weather and geographical conditions.
6. Being exposed to infectious and contagious diseases.
7. Being exposed to hazardous materials.
8. Being exposed to work settings that offer a risk to personal security and that are not ADA compliant.
TO APPLY, go to: https://greenbush.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Greenbush ESC # 609
Excellent benefit package: Supporting employees and their families is important to Greenbush. We provide access to exceptional Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance options for all employees who work 20 hours or more a week. Additionally, Greenbush participates in the Kansas Public Retirement System (KPERS) and provides excellent 403B plan options. Greenbush contributes to each and every employees retirement plan by matching up to $90 a month for any Greenbush employee that contributes to one of the 403B plans. Employees also can participate in flex spending accounts and salary protection programs. All employees are provided with sick days, personal leave, and holidays subject to the length of their contract. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center - Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
- Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
- Providing professional development
- Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
- Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
- Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
- Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
- Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
- Parents as Teachers
- Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
- Infant Toddler Services
- Administrative Services
- Cooperative Purchasing
- Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!