Technology Integration & Educational Support
Manhattan-Ogden USD 383 • www.usd383.org
TITLE: Technology Integration and Educational Support (Three Positions)
- Bachelor`s Degree in Education.
- Valid Kansas teaching license.
- Three or more years of classroom teaching experience.
- Master’s Degree
- Two or more years of professional development experience educating teachers or other adults in the integration of technology for instruction and productivity using a variety of models.
DIVERSITY: As an equal opportunity employer, USD 383 is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe there is long-term advantage to a team that reflects the diversity of our students, families and staff.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Teaching and Learning
JOB GOAL: The Technology Integration and Educational Support staff is responsible for the integration of technology infused lessons into the instructional program by supporting teachers, and administrative staff. The Technology Integration and Educational Support staff is involved in program planning and implementation of initiatives that pertain to technology integration across the district. The Technology Integration and Educational Support staff serves as a liaison between school and district initiatives and school based implementation and support for teachers, staff, and administrators. These positions are essential in establishing a digital age learning culture by supporting, training, coaching and mentoring staff.
The Technology Integration and Educational Support staff will be knowledgeable educators with extensive teaching experience and training and will be expected to remain current in curriculum development appropriate for the grade levels and programs. The Technology Integration and Educational Support staff will also be expected to be knowledgeable in current technology trends as they pertain to classroom instruction and stay up to date on instructional technology trends. In addition, the Technology Integration and Educational Support staff must stay current with respect to the technological resources and tools available in the Manhattan-Ogden USD 383 school district. The Technology Integration and Educational Support staff must have an understanding of various operating system environments, district supported hardware and software, and an ability to match an available resource with an identified instructional need. This will require that the selected Technology Integration and Educational Support staff to maintain a close working relationship with Information Technology staff to maintain an awareness and understanding of changing district resources.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate effective time management, organizational skills, and prioritization of work to meet the needs of the users and established deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow and communicate effectively in a courteous, timely and helpful manner, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate understanding and ability to acquire knowledge of new technologies, curricular design, and a working knowledge of instructional design and assessments.
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility, and ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position, may be occasionally required to manually lift, move, or carry up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and staff information.
- Be knowledgeable of Local and Federal laws, regulations, and district policies as they relate to technology affecting the lives and education of children (e.g., Child Internet Protection Act).
- Communicate with district leaders, principals, teachers, media specialists, technology staff and students on the vision and development of curriculum and instructional practices to infuse technology-rich lessons into classroom activities.
- Collaborate with the curricular administrators as well as members of the Information Technology department on the development of innovative learning experiences supporting curriculum and instructional practices and goals to implement them into technology-rich lessons into courses.
- Support and model to teachers and administrators the effective integration of technology within the classroom. In addition, will coordinate projects, professional development and programs throughout the year as well as during the summer for administrators, teachers and support staff.
- Implement best practices related to technology use in the school program based on research, pilot programs, and state/national standards. Willingness to learn new programs and tools to support the technology use in the district.
- Provide personalized assistance to teachers in their classrooms, or in larger groups; to promote the use of technology to support and enhance the curriculum, accelerate instruction, and utilize assessments to make data-informed decisions.
- Participate in the planning with curricular administrators as well as members of the Information Technology department on the purchase of technology appropriate for advancing the goals and are compatible with district infrastructure.
- Create, implement, and support curriculum that utilizes mobile apps and mobile-friendly websites.
- Present model lessons demonstrating STEM/STEAM and technology infused content both during the school year and during the summer months.
- Be visible and available on a regular basis to provide just-in-time tutorials, support materials, guides, and training for all staff and students.
- Promote family, business, and community partnerships that support academic success, career readiness, and the well-being of all children.
- Provide resources to family and community members to best use the technology tools provided by the school district as well as assistance of the use of technology in the home.
- Ability to gather and disseminates information (e.g., grants, policies, professional development opportunities) relevant to instructional technology.
- Create opportunities to interact and share resources with the Information Technology department.
- Willingness to learn and assist in the support of various technology programs, apps and technologies used within the school district.
- Have knowledge of and ability to support Learning Management Systems (specifically Instructure Canvas) and how it can be used in the classroom at all levels.
- Interest and willingness to gain new skills with programs specifically those used in the Manhattan-Ogden school district (e.g., Office 365, Apple Classroom, etc.). Identify processes and plans to gain certifications and new knowledge.
- Provides on-site troubleshooting support for basic technology issues as needed, and directs teachers, building lead techs, and media specialists on appropriate resolution with Information Technology Services department.
- Coordinate and assist with as needed the distribution of technology, log-ins, and technology components in the building, with the assistance of the lead techs and library-media specialists.
- Complete other duties as may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12-month contract year. Salary and work year established by the Board of Education.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of certified personnel.
The Board of Education shall hire all employees on the basis of ability and the needs of the district. Manhattan-Ogden Unified School District 383 is an equal opportunity employer and shall not discriminate in its employment practices and policies with respect to hiring, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment because of an individual’s race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, disability or age.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Manhattan-Ogden USD 383
We are redirecting you to apply for the position at www.usd383.org. Follow the link to Departments / HR / Prospective Employees. (E.O.E.)